What is Depression ?
Depressed people feel a general lack of energy, lack of interest and sometimes, obsession with suicidal thoughts. It is like living in a “huge black hole”.
The World Health Statistics, 2014, published by World Health Organization, made a disturbing revelation:
At least 350 million people live with Depression, and it is the leading cause of disability worldwide. Almost 1 million people take their own lives each year.
How you know,You have depression?
- Do you feel unusually sad?
- Do you feel life is hopeless?
- Does life seem like a bed of thorns?
- Do you want to stay alone always?
- Do you feel nobody loves you?
- Do you feel life is useless?
- Are you getting repeated suicidal thoughts?
If your answers to most of the above questions are YES, then you are probably depressed.
According to World Health Organization DEPRESSION is the 4th most devastating illness in the world today. And with this rate, it may become the 2nd ranked illness by 2020. The average age of onset of Depression is mid-20s.
Depression can easily take control of your life, your thoughts, feelings and actions. The key to overcoming it, therefore is a combination of the right medicines with the right lifestyle changes. And this is exactly what Homeopathy offers.
With correct expert guidance, medication and counselling, Depression can be effectively defeated.
Types of Depression
- Symptoms should be constant everyday for at least 2 weeks.
- ‘Down the black hole’ is the constant feeling
- People with this type of disorder have associated bad experience in childhood.
- Both physical and emotional symptoms are associated.
- It is mild, less severe and chronic.
- It can be periodic, occurring at fixed intervals of time.
- Genetic factor can be associated.
- Depression occurs in alternation with periods of mania, wherein the individual feels unusually ecstatic, hyper and aggressive.
- It happens every year at the same time.
- Usually it is seen at onset of summers or winters.
Varieties of Depression
- Depression seen in teenagers is most commonly due to peer pressure.
- Drug and alcohol abuse is frequently witnessed.
- It may lead to poor concentration, thereby poor performance in studies and subsequently more depression.
Depression in Women:
- Women are more susceptible to depression than men.
- Hormonal factors, social and family pressures are the most important contributing factors.
- A variant of depression commonly seen nowadays is the depression that comes on after delivery of a newborn.
- This is due to extreme pressure of care of new born, hormonal changes and from severe expectations.
- This may even cause severe devastating consequences like killing of newborn by mother.
Depression in Men:
- Men tend to hide their weakness, insecurities and feelings. That is why depression is more pronounced in men.
- They feel restless and agitated and usually fall prey to substance abuse and bad company.
Depression in Older Age:
- Due to dependency on children or others for their financial and physical needs, senior citizens face rejection at every stage.
- They are easily ignored, feel helpless and mistreated;, and this causes depression.
What happens in Depression ?
Though these symptoms vary from person to person, there are few common mental symptoms.
- Extreme, prolonged sadness and hopelessness
- Helplessness and self-hatred
- Negative thoughts
- Lack of interest in everything with feelings of irritability.
- No interest in daily activities, fun activities, etc.
- Anger/irritability/frustration/gloomy feeling/self-loathing
- Irresponsible and reckless behaviour
- Less or no social interaction.
- Withdrawal even from favourite hobbies
- Severe sense of guilt.
- In children-lack of concentration, low academic performances
- Thoughts of committing suicide.
There are more than 100 symptoms of Depression, but they vary from case to case…
Mental stress can channelize into symptoms of the body like
- Overwhelming fatigue and exhaustion.
- Weight loss or gain.
- Unrefreshing sleep with either drowsiness or sleeplessness.
- Disinterest in sex with decrease in sex drive.
- Either weight gain or weight loss
- Lethargy and intense fatigue
- Insomnia or excessive sleep
- Lack of interest in sex
- Abuse or misuse of alcohol, drugs, etc.
What can Depression lead to ?
It is a misconception that Depression is a short-lived state of the mind that goes away easily. But Depression is touted to be amongst the major killers today because of its adverse complications on the depressed individual.
If untreated, Depression can lead to
- Substance abuse
- Physical illnesses like Eating disorders, Sleeping disorders, etc.
How well homeopathy works in depression
- Depression, if left untreated, can thrive and feed upon itself and have the power to consume life.
- Homeopathic Treatment For Depression is the safest and most holistic of therapies for this hydra-headed monster.
- Homeopathy works at the deepest level of the mind and helps to correct the irregularity in thinking, feeling and behaving with the help of naturally sourced and well proved remedies.
- There are more than 200 remedies in the treasury of Homeopathy in the Treatment For Depression.
Homeopathy remedies Depression for include:
- Natrum Muriaticum: Indicated in people who have strong inner feelings of grief, anger, romantic disillusionment. They get angry on being consoled and brood over past grievances.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is very effective in people who are shy, mild and sensitive. There is despair of happiness, discouragement, indecision and impulse to hide or run away. Great flow of very changeful ideas.
- Ignatia: One of the best remedies for grief or hurt that has remained unexpressed. Frequent feeling of lump in the throat with involuntary tendency to sigh. Accompanied with physical ailments like headache, cramps and insomnia.
- Aurum Metallicum: Excellent remedy for serious, hardworking individuals who become depressed if they feel they have failed in their duties. Such people can fall steeply into self-reproach, self-loathing and emerge with suicidal tendencies.