HOMEOPATHY ROLE IN THE TREATMENT OF POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME
✔PCOS have abnormalities in metabolism of androgen and estrogen and in the control of androgen production. Diagnosis of PCOS is made when woman has 12 or more follicles in at least one ovary -measuring 2-9 mm in diameter or total ovarian volume greater than 10 cm3.
🎯Signs and symptoms:
Menstrual irregularities, anovulation, and signs of hyperandrogenism.
• Obesity and metabolic syndrome
• Diabetes mellitus
• Obstructive sleep apnea
• Virilizing signs
• Acanthosis nigricans
• Enlarged ovaries: may or may not be present
Tests to be done to exclude other disorders which can cause menstrual irregularities and hyperandrogenism like adrenal and ovarian tumors, thyroid dysfunction, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, hyperprolactemia, acromegaly, and Cushing syndrome.
✔These tests should be done in women suspected to have PCOS:
• Pelvic CT scan or MRI to visualize adrenals and ovaries
🎯Endometrial biopsy may be needed to evaluate for endometrial disease, such as malignancy.
Lifestyle modification is the first line of treatment for PCOS:
• Weight loss
🎯Homoeopathic treatment for PCOS:
✔While treating patients with homoeopathy, homoeopath prescribes constitutional remedy considering symptoms of mind and disposition along with physical symptoms of patients. Medicines given this way helps to treat women with PCOS in complete and permanent manner.
Some remedies which are frequently indicated for PCOS includes:
1. Apis mellifica: It mainly affects the right ovary with burning, stinging pains. Numbness in region of ovaries extending down the thighs.
2. Graphities: Swelling and induration of left ovary; also pain in the right ovarian region. Delayed and scanty menses.
3. Argentum metallicum: Bruised pain in left ovary. Sensation as if ovaries were growing large.
4. Iodium: Congestion or dropsy of right ovary. Dull, pressing wedge like pain, extending to right ovary to uterus like a plug, worse during menstruation. Dwindling of the mammae.
5. Lachesis muta: pain in left ovary better by menses. Cannot bear anything heavy or touch in ovarian region.
6. Thuja: left sided ovarian affection. Grumbling pains in ovarian region with irritability.
Other remedies which are constitutionally indicated in PCOS are Calcarea carb, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Ignatia, Natrum mur, Phosphorus, Platina, Sulphur and many more.
With our theme, you no longer need to depend on predesigned footer layouts. Now, you can easily create your own with our intuitive drag & drop builder. Choose any columns variation, content element or color theme!